The United States Lighthouse Service was created in 1910 to provide maintenance and upkeep to all of the lighthouses in the United States. This lighthouse pin, a replica of the 1884 hat pin, is crossed with a spar buoy and a whistling buoy. Both symbols represent the duties of the Keepers of the United States Lighthouse Service. Typically worn by keepers at the lighthouse supply depots, this pin was also worn on the uniforms of Keepers stationed at the lighthouses in place of the embroidered badge.
Replica pin with double-pin backing. Dimensions: 1.0 in. x 1.2 in. (2.5 cm. x 3.0 cm.)